Bonnie Ware is a nurse who spent several years caring for patients in the last 12 weeks of theirs lives.
She recorded their dying epiphanies in a book called The Top Five Regrets of The Dying.
When those people were questioned about any regrets they had or anything they would do differently, most of them had the same answers.
Here are the top five regrets of the dying:
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I’d had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.